About Us

My photo
Greg and I have been married since July 6, 2002. We have a very much loved family, who we enjoy spending time with. We love fishing, camping, NASCAR and most of all, spoiling our beautiful grandbaby!

Today's Song:

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Extremely Blessed

Well, today is my birthday!  I am have to say that I am so thankful for all of my wonderful family and friends!  They really know how to make someone feel special!  Saturday evening my mom cooked me a great birthday dinner!  We had lots of great food and visiting!  Hayley, Tye and Ayden, along with my brother, sister-in-law, twin nieces, mom, dad, and Greg ate until we were stuffed!!!  We had my favorite "pudding desert" and everything was sooooo good.  Today, Greg grilled me a steak and tomorrow (monday) he is making  homeade ice cream (my favorite flavor - cherry!) and Hayley is making me a birthday cake.  I received lots of birthday wishes from friends and family, both on Facebook and by text and phone calls! I feel so lucky to have lots of great people in my life!  You are all very special, and I hope that you know I feel that way!    And I really have to say that I have the best husband in the whole world!  I love you, Greg!  I am so glad that we found our way to each other (almost) 9 years ago.  You have made such a difference in my life!

Now, I know you are all thinking about all the food I just mentioned eating, but I will have you know that I bought the Zumba for Wii last week (with my mother's day present, Thanks Kids!)  and I have faithfully done it every day, so maybe I cancelled all the calories out!  We hope, anyway!  I absolutely LOVE Zumba.  I know I look pretty silly doing it, but it is FUN!  and TOUGH!!!!  But it feels so good when  you are done!  I have been doing the 'easy' beginner level and I did the 'easy' intermediate level today.  They are 20 minutes routines and I do 3 of them to work out for an hour!  I am really sore, but it feels good!!!! 

Now, I have to mention the most special thing happened the other day, it brought tears to my eyes!  I was holding Ayden the other day in my lap, and we were playing pat-a-cake and I was holding onto her hands, clapping them together.  Then I let go of her hands, and kept saying "pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man" and she clapped her hands together by herself!!!!!  It was the first time she had clapped by herself!  It was so cute, and so sweet, and it was such a special moment for me, I will NEVER forget it.  Grandbabies are the best!  

1 comment: